Monday 22 November 2010

The end or the beginning?

As the result of the selection process for local government elections next year I have been de-selected as the UUP candidate for Antrim North West. Here is the press statement issued today.

“It has been an honour and a pleasure to serve the Ulster Unionist Party and the constituents of Antrim North West for the past 10 years. I entered politics with the knowledge that it would allow me to work to improve the society we live in and the quality of life that people enjoy. Holding elected office is a privilege not a right and provides only one mechanism by which we can strive to help others. While elected office is no longer an option for me in South Antrim I look forward to finding new ways to achieve the same goals.

I would like to thank all those who have supported me over the years and of course I shall continue to work in the best interests of the people of Antrim North West and the Borough as a whole until the end of my term in office.

I congratulate my successor Roderick Swann and wish him all the best in next years council elections.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.